This delicious, peanut butter bread is a wonderfully nutty option for breakfast toast, french toast and more!
This wonderful bread is made without yeast and requires no rising time. Simply mix all the ingredients and bake!
What Is Peanut Butter Bread?
This bread, usually made without yeast and rising times (but not always), has peanut butter as it’s main ingredient. While the flavor is indeed that of peanuts, the strength of peanut flavor varies from recipe to recipe. Some can be quite bland and more like a sandwich bread. Others can be more like a sweet bread, while still others have a strong peanut flavor that can easily be enjoyed as toast with jam for breakfast.
Types Of Peanut Butter Bread
There are many variations to this type of bread. Some of them are:
- Peanut Butter Banana – Add in 1 mashed, ripe banana to this recipe.
- Peanut Butter Streusel – Make a streusel and top the bread with it before baking. You’ll want to make the bread a bit sweeter as well. Up the sweetener content in this recipe to a ¼ or ⅓ cup, depending on how sweet you want it.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip – To this recipe, change the sweetener measurement to a ½ cup and add 1 cup dark chocolate chips.
- Peanut Butter Apple – Add 1 medium grated apple to the batter along with 2 tsp. cinnamon, and up the sweetener measurement to ⅓ cup.
- Low Carb Bread – Change the recipe to this: 1 cup peanut butter, 5 large eggs, 1 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. ground cinnamon and ½ tsp. pure liquid stevia. Do not add any of the other ingredients. Simply mix and follow the rest of the directions. Reduce heat to 325 F. and bake for 35-40 minutes.
What You’ll Need
1 cup peanut butter – Only use a natural peanut butter for the bread. Avoid any peanut butters that have added oils or sugars. If you look at the ingredient list, you should only see peanuts listed. And maybe some salt. But nothing else. This is better for overall health as well as the flavor of the finished loaf of bread.
1 cup unsweetened almond milk – You can use any milk you have on hand. Almond milk is just what I had handy.
2 tbsp. granular sweetener – I used xylitol because that’s what works best for my blood sugar. But you can use any sweetener you prefer. Sucanat, coconut sugar and monk fruit are all good choices here.
3 large eggs – It’s best if these are room temperature, but I’ve made this with cold eggs too, and it does just fine.
1 ½ cups oat flour – If this needs to be gluten free, make sure you get a package labeled as such. You can also grind your own oats in a processor. But you might not get as fine of a grind. This won’t hurt your bread, but it might be just a hint coarser than with store-bought flour.
1 tbsp. baking powder – Make sure this is fresh or newer baking powder. Old stuff won’t do a good job in leavening your bread.
1 tsp. salt – I used pink Himalaya salt, but use whatever fine salt you have. The only salt to avoid is coarse salt.
How To Make Peanut Butter Bread
Preheat oven to 350F. and line a standard loaf pan with parchment. Spray with oil, using an oil sprayer.
Mix all ingredient together until smooth.
Pour into a parchment-lined loaf pan.
Tap the pan gently on your word surface to settle the batter in the pan.
Bake at 350 F. for about 40-45 minutes. The bread is done when a knife or toothpick inserted in the center pulls out clean. Cool completely.
Slice and serve.
How To Store Peanut Butter Bread
Make sure to keep this bread in the fridge. Keep it well wrapped so it doesn’t dry out.
Can You Freeze This Bread?
Absolutely! Wrap it well and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Healthy Bread Recipes
Remember to subscribe to my free newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Peanut Butter Bread Recipe
Peanut Butter Bread Recipe
CLICK TO WATCH THIS RECIPE IN ACTION!
- Standard Loaf Pan
- 1 cup peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. granular sweetener
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a standard loaf pan with parchment. Spray with oil, using an oil sprayer.
- Mix all ingredient together until smooth.
- Pour into a parchment-lined loaf pan.
- Tap the pan gently on your word surface to settle the batter in the pan.
- Bake at 350 F. for about 40-45 minutes. The bread is done when a knife or toothpick inserted in the center pulls out clean. Cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
Recipe from the Gracious Pantry® archives, originally posted 10/21/15.