The holidays are upon us. This time of year, it’s soooo easy to fall off track with our eating plans. Holiday parties, big dinners and treats everywhere we go seem to attempt to sabotage us at every turn.
I always have a rough time around the holidays. Not necessarily because I don’t eat clean, but because I tend to eat more. There is food everywhere I go!
One of the things I love most about the holidays are cookies. But because I’ve been eating clean for so long now, I actually do not like regular, store-bought cookies anymore. I prefer the homemade ones. Cookies that may not be best friends with my waistline, but at the very least, will give my body some better nutrition.
These cookies are a case in point. They are a little high in calories and fat, but the ingredients are clean and wholesome. So at the very least, I can feel somewhat better about indulging this season. And at least with these, I don’t have a tendency to overeat because my body isn’t getting hooked on all the refined garbage found in commercial cookies.
So enjoy these in moderation, but do enjoy them. It is the holiday season after all. If you can’t enjoy a good cookie now, when can you?
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Clean Eating Almond Honey Cookies
- See All My Cookie Recipes Here
NOTE: This is a recipe redo – The original recipe is from Paula Dean and can be found here.
Clean Eating Peanut Butter Cookies
(Makes approximately 18 cookies)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup peanuts (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Using two teaspoons, scoop and drop the cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 F. for 12-14 minutes. You may need to experiment with the timing on these because the thicker they are, the longer they take. 12 minutes is about right if you make them no thicker than 1/2 inch. These cookies will bake up exactly as they are on the cookie sheet. No spreading.
- Remove from oven and cool.