As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This amazing, peanut butter oatmeal is the perfect breakfast for peanut butter lovers!!
I don’t know about you, but peanut butter is pretty close to heaven for me. If I’m in the right mood, nothing other than peanut butter will do. I mean, what’s not to love?
The funny party is, I don’t feel the same way about peanuts. But turn them into butter and YUM!!!
I love peanut butter in my morning oatmeal. It’s extra protein and the flavor is incredible! Add a little sweetener and it’s something pretty close to a peanut butter cookie. And who wouldn’t want THAT for breakfast???
You can adjust the amount of peanut butter any way you like. But I have found that two tablespoons makes for the perfect cookie flavor.
In fact, if you are looking for some extra protein, you can mix in some egg or egg white just after turning off the heat on the oats. Stir fast! A whisk is best, and no. You can’t taste the egg at all!
So go ahead, give it a try! Have a “peanut butter cookie” for breakfast!
IS OATMEAL AND PEANUT BUTTER GOOD FOR YOU?
While peanut butter is somewhat high in fat, it has other qualities that make it pretty darn healthy, providing you don’t have a peanut allergy, of course. Oats and peanut butter together make a very filling breakfast that will keep you full pretty well into lunch time!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PEANUT BUTTER:
Peanut butter is pretty healthy stuff. It’s best qualities are…
- The fat it contains is healthy fat.
- It has a nice dose of protein.
- It’s low in carbs.
- Rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Gives you a moderate but nice serving of fiber too.
MORE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- The Oatmeal Project (Almost 365 ways to top your oatmeal)
EATING PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL RECIPE:
Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- 1 ½ cups cooked oats (I cooked mine with unsweetened almond milk instead of water)
- 2 tbsp. clean peanut butter (see link above)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. honey
- Cook oats to package directions.
- Make sure your oats are nice and warm so everything melts nicely.
- Combine all ingredients in a pot or bowl and mix until well combined.
This recipe from the Gracious Pantry archives, originally posted 10/22/10.