Ready to have carrot cake for breakfast? Clean Eating Carrot Cake Oatmeal that is…
I was a member at the Tosca Reno forum boards when they still existed. It’s was a fantastic clean eating community.
Sheri Hyman (Brooklyn, NY) was also a member there, and she posted this recipe for Clean Eating Carrot Cake Oatmeal. I just couldn’t pass up the chance to try it, so I contacted her to ask if I could share the recipe with all of you here. She was most gracious about it.
Thanks Sheri! Fantastic recipe!
While it’s not exactly cake, it definitely delivers that “spice” you expect from carrot cake. It’s tasty, and a really great way to work some veggies into your breakfast!
I didn’t use the coconut flakes she suggests, but I did stir in 1 tsp. of honey. Next time, I’ll forgo the honey and add a few raisins instead. Yum!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING CARROT CAKE OATMEAL RECIPE:
Clean Eating Carrot Cake Oatmeal Recipe
- 2/3 cup steel-cut oats (dry)
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Bring milk, vanilla extract, carrots, nutmeg and cinnamon to a boil.
- Add oats.
- Finish cooking to package directions. Watch carefully because milk boils over quickly and easily. Adjust your temperature as needed.
- When oats are fully cooked, remove from heat and stir in any toppings you enjoy.
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: Chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted, sweetened coconut flakes or raisins are good options.
Recipe from the Gracious Pantry archives, originally posted 2/12/11.