This clean eating buttery cinnamon oatmeal recipe is the perfect, comforting start to a busy morning.
Mini Chef has been getting mighty picky with food lately. Keeping him fed is no small undertaking. Breakfast is our biggest point of contention simply because there is so much he claims to no longer like.
Given our current living situation, I think it’s important to give him some form of control in his life. So food has been the logical place for me to do that. But at one point, he got so picky that he almost stopped eating breakfast all together. I couldn’t have that.
So I made a big pot of this oatmeal and ate a few bites “mmmmm-ing” and “oh-ing” about how good it was. This convinced him to at least give it a try, and now this has been his favorite go-to breakfast for the past two weeks.
I should mention that I make these slightly different each time I make them because I don’t use any real measurements. I simply make a single serving of oats to package directions and then mix in everything else to taste. But I know you guys like measurements, so the measurements below are a ballpark figure to get you started. Please adjust these oats to your own personal tastes. There is no wrong way to make these and they are delicious every time! In fact, they remind me a lot of the oatmeal with brown sugar I used to get as a kid. Yum!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal
- Clean Eating Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Clean Eating Triple Berry Oatmeal
CLEAN EATING BUTTERY CINNAMON OATMEAL RECIPE:
Clean Eating Buttery Cinnamon Oatmeal Recipe
- 1/2 cup oats (cooked to package directions)
- 1 tbsp. butter (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. honey (or to taste)
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste
- Once your oats are cooked, and while they are still hot, stir in all the other ingredients to taste and enjoy.