As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I enjoyed this clean eating triple berry oatmeal recipe for my birthday breakfast!
This year, I’ll be 38.
Normally, when my birthday arrives, I use the opportunity to slack off a little. It’s my birthday after all. What better time to enjoy some not-so-clean treats?
But this year is different.
While I will be enjoying this weekend, this year, I have a renewed determination to reach my health goals. So instead of digging in the way I usually do, I just want to eat better… healthier… cleaner. Because frankly, that’s the best gift I can give this 38 year old body of mine. And all I know is that I want this body to look very, very different by the time it reaches 40. So I’ll enjoy this weekend away, but then Monday, it’s down to business. Even if it is my birthday.
Instead of the bacon and eggs I’d typically enjoy on my birthday, I’m having this bowl of deliciousness for breakfast tomorrow morning. And you know what, I’m completely happy with the decision. My mind is just in a different place this time. Feels good!
Note: I would like to say thank you to Ken for sending me this yummy recipe!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING TRIPLE BERRY OATMEAL RECIPE:
- ½ cup old fashion oatmeal
- ½ cup "triple berries" (blue berries, raspberries & blackberries - Radar Farms from Costco)
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal (Bob's Red Mill, or you can buy whole flaxseed and grind it yourself)
- ¼ cup milk (non dairy milk works too)
- honey to taste if the berries aren't sweet
- Cook oatmeal as directed.
- Slightly thaw berries (if frozen) in microwave (1 minute at 40% power) or on countertop for a few hours. You can also thaw in the oven at 200 for about 20 minutes. Or sub with fresh berries!
- Add Flaxseed meal and triple berries to bowl.
- Add cooked oatmeal and milk and stir thoroughly.