As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I enjoyed this triple-berry oatmeal recipe for my birthday breakfast!
Normally, when my birthday arrives, I use the opportunity to slack off a little. It’s my birthday, after all. What better time to enjoy some not-so-clean treats? But this breakfast was too good to skip.
Instead of the bacon and eggs, I’d typically enjoy on my birthday, I’m having this bowl of deliciousness for breakfast tomorrow morning. And you know what, I’m completely happy with the decision.
Note: I would like to say thank you to Ken for sending me this yummy recipe!
More Healthy Oatmeal Recipes
Triple Berry Oatmeal Recipe Card
Triple Berry Oatmeal
- ½ cup old fashion oatmeal
- ½ cup “triple berries” (blue berries, raspberries & blackberries – Radar Farms from Costco)
- 2 tbsp. flaxseed meal (Bob’s Red Mill, or you can buy whole flaxseed and grind it yourself)
- ¼ cup milk (non dairy milk works too)
- honey to taste if the berries aren’t sweet
- Cook oatmeal as directed.
- Slightly thaw berries (if frozen) in microwave (1 minute at 40% power) or on countertop for a few hours. You can also thaw in the oven at 200 for about 20 minutes. Or sub with fresh berries!
- Add Flaxseed meal and triple berries to bowl.
- Add cooked oatmeal and milk and stir thoroughly.