As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These slow cooker barbecue chicken soft tacos are perfect for enjoying the flavors of summer without turning on the barbecue!
Barbecue season is in full swing, but that doesn’t mean you can’t cook inside! It may be hot out there, but there is one little appliance that will get you through cooking dinner without heating up and kitchen, and it’s NOT your barbecue, it’s your slow cooker!!
Just think of everything you can get done while this cooks! Work, laundry, errands, all that fun stuff can be accomplished while dinner cooks itself. Sounds pretty good to me!
And I have to tell you, I LOVED these tacos! Something about bbq sauce in a taco just really nailed it for me. YUM!
These were soft, juicy and absolutely sink-your-teeth-in delicious! But I will warn you, it’s not easy to eat just one. So brace yourself. Filling up with a salad before hand is probably a good idea.
More Healthy Mexican Recipes
SLOW COOKER BBQ CHICKEN SOFT TACOS RECIPE:
Barbecue Chicken Soft Tacos
- 3 lb. raw chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 ⅓ cups clean eating barbecue sauce (see recipe link above)
- 6 standard whole grain tortillas
- your favorite toppings (tomatoes, guacamole, onions, etc.)
- Put the chicken and sauce in the slow cooker for 5-7 hours on low or until it easily shreds when stirred. Use to build your tacos.