This strawberry soup recipe is perfect for the warmer summer months. It makes a great, light dinner or even a delicious dessert!
If somebody had told me yesterday that I could have strawberry soup for dinner, AND feel full when I was done, I would have laughed square in their face. But boy did I prove myself wrong!
This stuff made the yummiest summer dinner! I served it with a salad and by the time dinner was over, I was just as full as if I had eaten a plate of chicken! Must have been all the fiber. And man, was this yummy! It felt like I was having dessert instead of dinner!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF STRAWBERRIES:
- Strawberries are full of vitamin C, fiber and potassium.
- They have anthocyanins which are good for heart health.
- They have antioxidants that have been shows to possibly help fight cancer.
- Strawberries are a delicious superfood that travels well for trips and outings!
- The average strawberry has about 200 seeds.
- My home state of California produces 75% of US strawberry crops.
- They are a member of the rose family.
- There are three types of strawberries.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH STRAWBERRY SOUP:
Strawberry soup is definitely a stand-alone dish in many cases. It’s the highlight of any meal. That being said, there are a couple of ways to serve this in order to make a full meal out of it.
- Goes well with grilled cheese sandwiches.
- It’s lovely served with a side, green salad (perhaps with some strawberry vinaigrette!)
- If serving this as a dessert, try sprinkling some nuts or coconut flakes over the top for garnish.
- As a dessert, this can also be served with other fresh fruits. Try bigger chunks of pineapple, oranges or even bananas. You can mix them in or serve them on the side.
CLEAN EATING STRAWBERRY SOUP RECIPE:
Clean Eating Strawberry Soup
- 32 oz. fresh strawberries (washed and stems removed
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- honey to taste (optional if you're berries are not that sweet)
- Place all strawberries in a blender and blend.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until well combined and smooth.
- Chill for 2-3 hours if desired, but not necessary.
- Note: Used as a dinner soup, err on the side of caution when adding the honey. If this is meant to be a dessert soup, sweeten appropriately. Much will also depend on the sweetness of your strawberries.