This delicious clean eating lemon blueberry oatmeal makes for a high fiber start to your day!
I love a good bowl of morning oatmeal. Few things start the day off better for me. There’s something about holding that warm bowl between my hands and breathing in the nutty, earthy yet sweet aroma of a breakfast that is just waiting to nourish my body from head to toe.
I love this combination of lemon and blueberries too. For me, it’s a classic combination. I’m not sure why, but the two just naturally go together.
And don’t get freaked out by the egg whites either. All they do is add some protein to the mix. You can’t taste them, and if you mix them in fast enough, you won’t see them either. You don’t HAVE to add them, but it’s an easy way to add some protein to a higher carb breakfast. It just gives you some balance.
Give it a try!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING LEMON BLUEBERRY OATMEAL RECIPE:
Clean Eating Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal
- 1 cup steel cut oats (dry)
- 4 cups water
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- honey to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Add oats and lemon zest, and cover. Bring back to boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- When water is nearly cooked out, vigorously stir in the egg whites. Continue stirring until the egg whites are cooked. You'll see them turn white.
- When oats are cooked, serve topped with fresh blueberries and agave or honey.