If you love banana bread, this clean eating banana bread oatmeal recipe should definitely be in your morning breakfast rotation!!
Want to know what happens when a clean eater uses quick oats instead of steel cut oats?
The clean eater in question ends up with Banana Bread Oatmeal. That’s what.
I admit it. Sometimes I use quick oats ~gasp!~ Typically, I use steel cut oats the most often and will also use traditional rolled oats to create oatmeal bakes. But sometimes, I realize that I have been caught completely off my oatmeal guard and that’s when quick oats step up to the plate.
I know some clean eaters feel very strongly about their oats. And they have very reason to feel that way. But here’s the way I see it. If I eat steel cut oats 80% of the time, then I’m still within the clean eating 80% rule. Right?
The good news is, you can use any type of oats to make this recipe. So go forth and enjoy those oats! Those ripe bananas are waiting…
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- Clean Eating Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- Clean Eating Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal
CLEAN EATING BANANA BREAD OATMEAL RECIPE:
Clean Eating Banana Bread Oatmeal
- 1 cup traditional oats (dry)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. honey (or to taste at serving)
- 1 medium banana (brown, OR 2 yellow bananas)
- milk (as needed - I used unsweetened almond milk)
- Begin cooking oats to package directions using milk instead of water. (Use the same amount of milk that the package calls for in water)
- To the cooking oats add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
- When the oats are done, mash the banana into the oats and stir in the honey.