Yep… fat bombs. In case you haven’t noticed, these little goodies are sort of taking the internet health circuit by storm. Healthy fats are all the rage, and with my low carb endeavors, I’m no stranger to needing to find creative ways to get more fat into my eating plan.
When fat needs to be your primary fuel, you realize it’s not as easy as it seems to get enough of it. At least, not if you eat clean.
Typically, clean eaters work at keeping their healthy fat content in strict moderation. But when you eat low carb, the focus of your eating plan really does become all about the fats. It’s definitely a shift in thinking that is taking some getting used to. But while I get used to the idea, I’m definitely enjoying the process. Fat is yummy and I’m actually losing weight while my blood work numbers improve!!
So I thought I would try my own version of these lovely little snacks.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil, in liquid state
- ¼ cup clean peanut butter
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pure liquid stevia to taste
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all the ingredients using a fork spoon.
- Set 13 mini muffin or cupcake papers/liners on a cookie sheet that fits in your freezer. If you have a mini muffin pan and it fits in your freezer, that's an even better option. But mine didn't fit, so I just used a small cookie sheet. (Thats why my fat bombs are not perfectly circular)
- Pour 1 tbsp. of peanut butter mix into a mini muffin paper.
- Set the tray in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Once completely solidified, you can remove the fat bombs from the cookie try and store them in a bag or container and return them to the freezer.
- Pull one out to munch on whenever you need an extra dose of healthy fats!