As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These 3-ingredient deviled eggs are fast and easy to make, tasty and delicious!
Deviled eggs are often a quintessential food at gatherings, parties, barbecues, and even holidays.
When I was young my grandmother made this recipe for every single function we went to. She was kind of known for it. Everyone loved her deviled eggs. But when they asked her for her recipe, she was often met with a blank stare after giving them the recipe. Blank, because they couldn’t believe there weren’t more ingredients.
But I have a theory on this. I think that we often get so caught up in thinking that there have to be a lot of ingredients in a recipe in order for it to taste good, that we often forget how delicious simpler foods can be. Basic foods, with very few ingredients.
The following recipe is very traditional in our family. However, if you find that the mayo is simply too much for your eating play, feel free to sub with regular hummus (or even a flavored variety!). It’s a great sub for mayo if that is your preference. As for me, I’m still trying to stick to a low-carb plan, so that means I eat more fats. So this recipe is perfect for me and also offers those who want to splurge on something more traditional, the chance to do so while still sticking to their plan. Let me know what you think!
More Egg Recipes
Clean Eating 3 Ingredient Deviled Eggs
- 10 large hard boiled eggs (shelled)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (homemade or store-bought – see link above – can use up to 3/4 cup)
- 1 pinch paprika (per half egg)
- Peel your hard boiled eggs and cut them in half, scooping the yolks into a separate bowl.
- Place the egg whites on a platter and set aside.
- Add the mayonnaise to the yolks and mash until smooth. You can use a blender for this if you wish, I just use a fork. The amount of mayo you use will depend on how creamy you want the mixture to be. Adjust the amount to your liking.
- Scoop the yolks into a zipper-top plastic, sandwich bag and clip off one of the corners.
- Holding the bag as you would an icing bag, squirt the yolks into the egg whites, distributing evenly.
- Sprinkle the eggs with a light powdering of Paprika over the tops of the eggs.
- Store in the fridge, covered with plastic wrap until you are ready to serve.