Egg Salad Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This egg salad recipe is perfect for the spring holiday table, or just a regular, middle-of-the-week sandwich!
For a while, I was eating a low carb (keto) diet based on clean eating. At first, I figured it would be impossible, but then I realized just how easy it could be. I didn’t have to feel guilty about eating fat because my body used it for fuel. It was a beautiful thing to enjoy mayo and still lose weight!
You see, after my mom got sick, I sort of went down the junk food rabbit hole for a couple months. I was eating to survive, which for me meant a lot of food from the freezer section at Trader Joe’s. As a result, I slowly felt my jeans become tighter and tighter.
But I managed to eventually regain some control and routine in my life once I got moved in with mom. And thankfully, fell back into my eating plan pretty quickly. It felt great to have those jeans fitting again!
These days, I’ve gone a different route with my eating plan. I still eat clean, but now I eat vegan. However, I know many of you don’t, so these types of recipes won’t be disappearing from my blog. Promise!
HOW LONG IS EGG SALAD GOOD IN THE FRIDGE?
- If properly stored, egg salad will last in the fridge anywhere from 3 the 5 days.
- Never leave egg salad sitting out for longer then 2 hours as bacteria can grow quickly.
CAN YOU FREEZE EGG SALAD?
You absolutely can freeze eggs salad. But… the consistency when thawed will be graining instead of creamy. Eggs don’t keep a good texture after being thawed. So while you definitely can freeze it, it’s not recommended.
WHAT TO DO WITH LEFTOVER EGG SALAD:
- Make egg salad sandwiches.
- Mix it into a macaroni salad with a little extra mayo and some veggies.
- Make a breakfast quesadilla by using it in a tortilla and sprinkling cheese over to melt.
- Mix some tuna in there and make a sandwich. I promise, it’s tasty!
- Add it to a green salad.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
EGG SALAD RECIPE:
Clean Eating Traditional Egg Salad Recipe
- 9 large eggs (hard boiled)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (see link above)
- ¼ cup red onion (chopped fine)
- Remove the shells from your hard boiled eggs and chop them into small pieces.
- Place the chopped eggs, mayo and onions in a medium mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add salt to taste if needed, but it's pretty tasty without!
Hi! I must know, what clean mayos have you found that are store bought??! I have to forewarn, I am a mayonnaise princess. I love the flavor of Best Foods. I started buying “Just Mayo” and I love it (tastes VERY similar to Best Foods) but I’m not certain it’s 100% clean. And I’m too nervous to make my own because I am SO picky about the flavor. Thanks!! 🙂
Bree – Ya, it can be tough to change mayo. It takes a little getting used to. If you post the ingredients here, I can tell you if it’s clean or not.
If you miss the flavor of coffee, you might want to try something similar… an herbal coffee called Teeccino. It has no caffeine with ingredients that are actually good for you! This brand can be purchased at most health food stores or online. Vanilla Nut and Hazelnut flavors are my favorite.
Jan – Thanks! I actually grew up with Perro, which is the same thing. I love it, but it does add on the carbs, so I have to be careful.
Greg – My pleasure! 🙂