As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This low-carb southwestern chicken salad is perfect for so many things!
This chicken salad is excellent by itself (for low-carb eaters) or used as a sandwich filling for regular eaters. It’s simple to put together and is packed with mouthwatering flavor.
This one came about from a desperate attempt to figure out what I could make for my mother for lunch. She may not be able to eat a lot, but what she eats needs flavor to keep things interesting. There is nothing worse than bland food when your diet is already restricted. It’s the flavor that keeps us interested in food and doesn’t change when we are sick.
So thankfully, I happened to have everything on hand for this. As is often the case, the ingredients told me what to make. I look in the fridge, see what I have, and hope I can make something good out of it. Usually, I do okay! Mom says this one is definitely a keeper.
More Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes
Low Carb Southwestern Chicken Salad Recipe Card
Low Carb Southwestern Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (store-bought, no sugar added or homemade – see recipe above)
- 1 small red bell pepper (chopped fine)
- ¼ cup chopped red onion (chopped fine)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (or more to taste)
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ medium avocado (for garnish – optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- Serve as a salad or use for making sandwiches.
From the Gracious Pantry archives. Recipe originally posted 4/11/15.
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and writer for MSN and the AP Newswire.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!