This Clean Eating Hummus make a perfect, take-along snack or even a spread for your morning toast!
I have a love/hate relationship with hummus. I absolutely adore the stuff. But when I try to buy it in the store, it either costs an arm and a leg, or it has added sugar. Something I avoid completely.
I finally got fed up and tried my hand at making my own. And you know what? It was easy! All you need is a food processor or a hand blender (a regular blender will work fine too.).
And if you’re wondering what to do with a large batch of hummus, here are some ideas:
- Use it in place of salad dressing
- Use it on sandwiches instead of mayo or other condiments
- Use it as a dip for veggies and clean eating chips
- Spread it over a tortilla and make a wrap with chicken & veggies
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Chips and Guacamole’
- Clean Eating Persimmon Jam
- Clean Eating Cranberry Sauce
- Clean Eating Apple Butter
CLEAN EATING HUMMUS RECIPE:
Clean Eating Hummus
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 medium lemon (juice only)
- 1/2 cup tahini sauce (see link above)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 large garlic clove (2 garlic cloves if you don't have to talk to anybody the next day)
- water (optional for adjusting consistency)
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth (Please remember to put the lid on before you turn on the processor!).
- Note: If your Hummus is too thick, add either more lemon juice or a little water to loosen it up a bit.