This sun dried tomato omelet is a high protein, delicious start to your day.
I have a love affair with sun-dried tomatoes. There’s just something about them that makes me feel like I’m spending the summer in Italy. Nice way to spend your breakfast, eh? Day dreaming about being in Italy? I’m huge on day dreaming. I love to day dream.
Anyhoo, I think I’ll start putting together a collection of egg and omelet recipes much the same as I did with the oatmeal recipes. That way it will be a nice little collection for you. How would that be? So here’s the first recipe in my upcoming Egg and Omelet collection…
MORE HEALTHY BREAKFAST RECIPES:
SUN DRIED TOMATO OMELET RECIPE:
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 3 tbsp. grated cheese (I love parmesan, but you can use what you like)
- 2 tsp. oil
- Whisk your eggs in a small bowl until the whites and yolks are well combined.
- Sauté your onions, tomatoes and basil in a cast iron pan using oil.
- Transfer to a holding bowl and use the same pan to cook your eggs in.
- Stir eggs until they begin to solidify and then form into a circular shape to form the omelet.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs and then spread the sun dried tomato mixture onto the eggs. Close the omelet by flipping half of it over onto itself like a taco shell.
- Transfer to a plate and serve.