Yes!!! I finally did it! I created a delicious clean eating alfredo sauce recipe!!!
Yes, I have to say, I LOVE cottage cheese. But I should mention that it wasn’t always this way. There was a time when I believed cottage cheese was for nothing more than eating with fruit for dessert when you were trying to stick to a “diet”.
Boy, was I wrong. My eyes have been opened to a whole new world of cottage cheese, and I’m lovin’ it! I mean, I didn’t think I’d ever get to have Fettuccine Alfredo ever again. But you know what? Not only can I still have it, it tastes better than ever!
I’m sooooo not kidding. This sauce is better than ANY sauce I’ve EVER had in ANY restaurant. You HAVE to try it!
I got the idea from a comment somebody left on the Tosca Reno forum boards. They mentioned making pasta sauce with cottage cheese, and I didn’t even stick around to finish reading the recipe. I just ran with the idea.
The nice part is, you can make it as thick or as runny as you like. Suite yourself! But whatever you do, TRY THIS SAUCE! It’s amazing!
And if you don’t agree, come back here and yell at me. I can take it. But I’d be willing to be you’ll come back and tell me how good it is. I’ll be an entire container of cottage cheese on it!
MORE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING ALFRED SAUCE RECIPE:
Clean Eating Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- 4 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (The "powdery" kind, but fresh. The Kraft version is not clean.)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder (1-2 tsp. if you have to talk to people the next day)
- 1/4 cup milk + some on reserve
- UPDATE: Up to now, this recipe has been my "problem child". It works for some people, while others end up with an ugly mess. If you read the comments below, you will see that one of my readers, Jodi, found the solution (thanks Jodi!). This recipe works far better if you use a double boiler. Cottage cheese is VERY sensitive to heat and will separate quickly and easily. A double boiler does the trick! And if you still have any trouble, try changing the brand of cottage cheese you use. I use the organic variety from Trader Joes.
- Add all ingredients to a pot and turn on the heat. As the mixture begins to warm, blend in the pot with a hand blender.
- Blend till smooth, and the continue to warm until it's nice and hot.
- Pour about a half a cup over your pasta and serve.