These hummus wraps are super simple to make and totally delicious! It’s packed with good-for-you nutrients and even the kids will love it!
I don’t know about you, but “convenience food” is a must in my life. I absolutely must have some go-to snacks and meals that are quick and easy to make, but still give me the quality nutrition I strive for.
Wraps are a fantastic way to do this! You can use up whatever you have in the fridge and make it as healthy as you like while still getting that “fast food” feeling when you’re on the go. Because truthfully, you can make this quicker than you could drive through a drive-thru!
Why Make These Hummus Wraps?
- It’s super quick.
- It’s super nutrient dense.
- And yes, it’s super delicious!!!
- Kale – full of fiber, vitamin K, C and A, and magnesium
- Tomatoes – Full of vitamin C, potassium and lycopene
- Hummus – Tons of fiber, phosphorus, iron and vitamin B
- Avocado – Full of good-for-you fats, potassium and fiber.
- Yellow Onions – Contain fiber and folic acid (a B vitamin needed for making new cells)
How To Make Hummus Wraps
- Lay out your tortilla on a flat surface.
- Spread the hummus over the tortilla, leaving room on the edges.
- Place the avocado in the middle.
- Add a layer of washed and massaged kale (massage to make it softer and more palatable)
- Sprinkle on some chopped onions.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Roll everything up like a burrito and secure for cutting with two toothpicks.
- Slice the roll and remove the toothpicks before serving.
Hummus Wraps With Vegetables
If there are any veggies here that you despise, the great thing about wraps is that you can change any of the ingredients easily.
Don’t like kale? Try spinach leaves!
Detest tomatoes? Try shredded carrots or chopped broccoli.
Can’t have onions? Leave them off completely or substitute with something you can have.
Is avocado a no-go? Add a little mayo for creaminess or omit it completely.
Wraps With Hummus
Wraps with hummus are incredibly versatile. Don’t let this recipe dictate how you make them. A single tortilla, some hummus and anything you’d like to roll up with it is what you should put in your wrap.
While these hummus wraps are vegan, you can certainly add any meat you like. Chicken is always a great option!
Hummus Wrap Recipes
- Tortilla + hummus + grilled chicken + tomatoes + cucumbers
- Tortilla + hummus + beef strips + Feta cheese + olives + spinach leaves
- Tortilla + hummus + bacon + lettuce + tomatoes
- Tortilla + hummus + chicken salad + lettuce
- Tortilla + hummus + lettuce + egg salad
- Tortilla + hummus + ground turkey + taco seasoning + olives + tomatoes + onions
More Healthy Wraps
- Homemade Hummus
- Sun Dried Tomato And Olive Hummus
- Pumpkin Hummus (sweet) – great for a fruit wrap!
- Taco Hummus
- Artichoke Heart Hummus
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus
- Black Bean Hummus
- White Bean Hummus
- Black Eyed Pea Hummus
Need Recipe Supplies?
Hummus Wraps Recipe
- 1 medium whole grain tortilla (no sugar or additives added)
- ¼ cup prepared hummus
- 1 cup dino kale (or 1 large leaf, cleaned and massaged for better texture.)
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onions
- ½ medium avocado
- Lay out the tortilla on a flat surface and spread the hummus over the tortilla.
- Layer on the rest of the ingredients.
- Roll up like a burrito and secure the two ends with toothpicks.
- Slice in half and remove the toothpicks before serving.
Recipe from the Gracious Pantry® archives, originally posted 7/22/18.