These hummus wraps are super simple to make and totally delicious! It’s packed with good-for-you nutrients and even the kids will love it!
I don’t know about you, but “convenience food” is a must in my life. I absolutely must have some go-to snacks and meals that are quick and easy to make, but still give me the quality nutrition I strive for.
Wraps are a fantastic way to do this! You can use up whatever you have in the fridge and make it as healthy as you like while still getting that “fast food” feeling when you’re on the go. Because truthfully, you can make this quicker than you could drive through a drive-thru!
WHY MAKE THESE HUMMUS WRAPS?
- It’s super quick.
- It’s super nutrient dense.
- And yes, it’s super delicious!!!
- Kale – full of fiber, vitamin K, C and A, and magnesium
- Tomatoes – Full of vitamin C, potassium and lycopene
- Hummus – Tons of fiber, phosphorus, iron and vitamin B
- Avocado – Full of good-for-you fats, potassium and fiber.
- Yellow Onions – Contain fiber and folic acid (a B vitamin needed for making new cells)
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS WRAPS:
- Lay out your tortilla on a flat surface.
- Spread the hummus over the tortilla, leaving room on the edges.
- Place the avocado in the middle.
- Add a layer of washed and massaged kale (massage to make it softer and more palatable)
- Sprinkle on some chopped onions.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Roll everything up like a burrito and secure for cutting with two toothpicks.
- Slice the roll and remove the toothpicks before serving.
MORE HEALTHY WRAPS:
HUMMUS WRAPs RECIPE:
A quick and nutritious meal when you're in a hurry, or just need something quick on a lazy Friday night.
- 1 medium whole grain tortilla (no sugar or additives added)
- 1/4 cup prepared hummus
- 1 cup dino kale (or 1 large leaf, cleaned and massaged for better texture.)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 medium avocado
Lay out the tortilla on a flat surface and spread the hummus over the tortilla.
Layer on the rest of the ingredients.
Roll up like a burrito and secure the two ends with toothpicks.
Slice in half and remove the toothpicks before serving.
Please note that the nutrition data below is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.