As with many recipes on this blog, this Mango Chicken Wraps recipe happened because of what I had in the fridge. I had to get creative with lunch for Mini Chef and this was the stuff I had on hand. Thankfully, it turned out super tasty or he would have been a very grumpy kid. He doesn’t just get hungry, he gets hangry. (Yes, he takes after his mother. Ehem…)
I made the chicken in my Instant Pot (loving that thing!!!) by combining the salsa and chicken. That was it! Super easy! Then I just shredded the chicken and made Mini Chef his wrap.
This is the Instant Pot I have and use. It’s the only way I make shredded chicken these day! (Affiliate link)
These mango chicken wraps are very filling and have a nice combination of sweet and savory. You can make the chicken the night before if you are planning ahead. In my opinion, you can never have too much salsa chicken in the house. It’s great for so many things! (It freezes well too). So make a big batch and freeze whatever you don’t use. That way you’ll always have meat for wraps, burritos or tacos!
More Healthy Wraps
Healthy Mango Chicken Wraps
Mango Chicken Wrap Recipe
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
- 15 oz. package salsa (no sugar added)
- 6 medium whole wheat tortillas
- 3 cups lettuce (chopped)
- 1 large mango (peeled and cut into strips)
- Cook the chicken breasts with the salsa either in the oven or in an Instant Pot.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish, pour the salsa over the top, cover the dish with foil and bake at 350 F for approximately 50-60 minutes or until the chicken reaches at least 165 F. on a meat thermometer.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Place the chicken in the insert and pour the salsa over the top. Press the "Meat" button and set to 30 minutes.
- When chicken is done, shred with two forks.
- Lay out a warmed tortilla and place the lettuce on it. Then add the mango and the chicken and wrap it up like a burrito.
- Cut in half and serve with a little extra salsa for dipping.