As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This roasted chickpeas recipe is the perfect snack while I’m enjoying this new time-warping discovery of mine.
I ran across a recipe on Pinterest for these roasted chickpeas from the Marla Meridith website and just had to take a crack at them myself.
These would make the perfect, clean snack to have at the movies. (Click here for more clean movie snack ideas.) Clean, healthy and totally portable, these babies have become an instant favorite for me.
Once I made the first batch, I realized that the possibilities for flavoring these little globes of goodness are absolutely endless. You can pretty much pick any spice that you love, and it will taste great. Sweet or savory, spicy or salty, these are absolute gems in the snack department. In fact, at the bottom of this recipe, you’ll find several suggestions for other flavor combinations.
If you haven’t had these yet, you really should give them a try.
“Simply maaaa-velous! “
(Extra points in you know who made that last statement famous!)
Roasted Chickpea Recipe Variations
- Use 3 tablespoons Clean Eating Taco Seasoning + 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Use 3 tablespoons honey + 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- Use flavored oils in just about any flavor.
- Use 1 tablespoon garlic powder, juice of 2 lemons + zest, and 2 tablespoons dried rosemary.
- Use 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon sea salt. Garlic and onion powder are optional here.
- Use 2 tablespoons chili powder, 1 tablespoon. paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Use 2 tablespoons curry, 1 tablespoon garam masala (spicy!!), 1 tablespoon garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
More Healthy Snack Ideas
Roasted Chickpeas Recipe Card
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (canned or homemade)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spread the beans out over a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 60 minutes being sure to stir at the 30 minute mark.
- Allow to cool and serve.
Recipe from the Gracious Pantry archives, originally posted on 8/31/11.