This healthy caramel popcorn recipe was a gift from heaven….or rather, from Australia. (One and the same???)
One of my Facebook fans, Dani, bless her heart, was kind enough to share this with me, and all of you!!
Everyone needs to thank this woman because this is some seriously good popcorn!!
Though I must admit that after testing this recipe (a few times…. ehem!), I think I need to do another No-Sugar challenge. But first, I gotta finish this bowl of popcorn…
Join me? I promise, it’s a worthwhile splurge. Perfect for a movie night with the family!
More Healthy Popcorn Recipes
CARAMEL POPCORN RECIPE:
Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- ¼ cup almond butter (or peanut butter if you prefer that flavor)
- ½ cup honey
- 10 cups air-popped popcorn
- Read through the steps first. You’ll need to work quickly.
- In a small pot, warm the honey on high heat. Bring it to a boil.
- Let it boil up in the pot about 1 inch and then quickly remove from heat.
- Stir in nut butter with a whisk and whisk until smooth. Should be “pourable”.
- Pour over the popcorn and mix with a spoon. The mixture is hot, so don’t be tempted to mix with your hands. I learned that the hard way (Duh!!).
- Let it all sit and cool. To me, it tastes better cold. But that could just be me.
This recipe from the Gracious Pantry archives, originally posted 6/18/11.