These clean eating stuffed dates make a fantastic snack any time of day!
Anyone who reads this blog on an even remotely regular basis knows that I love desserts way more than I should. For me, food is a major part of life, and I want life to be sweet. Is that so wrong?
But I can’t kid myself. If I want to lose weight, I need to give up the desserts the majority of the time.
While this is an ongoing battle for me, there is one more fact of life that I can’t kid myself about. The fact that I WILL eat dessert from time to time. It’s inevitable. Dessert happens. So I try really hard to make sure that whatever dessert I do eat, is as healthy and clean as possible. This recipe is a perfect case in point.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING STUFFED DATES RECIPE:
Clean Eating Stuffed Dates
- 1 medjool date
- 1 tsp. almond butter (or cashew butter)
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- With each date, slice down the middle on one side and remove seeds.
- Using a spoon or knife, stuff each date with approximately 1 teaspoon of nut butter.
- Arrange on plate.
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the tiniest pinch of salt on each date. Just a few granules, or it will be overpowering.