Clean Eating Stuffed Dates Recipe

/ / / / Clean Eating Stuffed Dates Recipe

This post may contain affiliate links. Read my Privacy Policy.


These clean eating stuffed dates make a fantastic snack any time of day!

Anyone who reads this blog on an even remotely regular basis knows that I love desserts way more than I should. For me, food is a major part of life, and I want life to be sweet. Is that so wrong?

But I can’t kid myself. If I want to lose weight, I need to give up the desserts the majority of the time.

Clean Eating Stuffed Dates Recipe

While this is an ongoing battle for me, there is one more fact of life that I can’t kid myself about. The fact that I WILL eat dessert from time to time. It’s inevitable. Dessert happens. So I try really hard to make sure that whatever dessert I do eat, is as healthy and clean as possible. This recipe is a perfect case in point.

YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:

Copyright Information For The Gracious Pantry

CLEAN EATING STUFFED DATES RECIPE:

Clean Eating Stuffed Dates Recipe

Clean Eating Stuffed Dates

These delicious dates travel well and will keep you full of energy. This recipe makes 1 date. Repeat with as many dates as you'd like to make.
4 from 1 vote
Print Pin Rate
Course: Dessert, Snack
Cuisine: American
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 stuffed date
Calories: 97kcal
Author: The Gracious Pantry

Ingredients

  • 1 medjool date
  • 1 tsp. almond butter (or cashew butter)
  • 1 pinch ground cinnamon
  • 1 pinch sea salt

Instructions

  • With each date, slice down the middle on one side and remove seeds.
  • Using a spoon or knife, stuff each date with approximately 1 teaspoon of nut butter.
  • Arrange on plate.
  • Sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
  • Sprinkle the tiniest pinch of salt on each date. Just a few granules, or it will be overpowering.
  • Serve.

Notes

Please note that the nutrition data below is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.

Nutrition

Serving: 1stuffed date | Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 39mg | Potassium: 203mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 16g | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 0.2mg

Similar Posts

17 Comments

  1. Sanjeeta kk says:

    Thats quite an easy dessert, Tiffany. Am still struggling to find time to post the Lassie recipes 🙁

    1. The Gracious Pantry says:

      Sanjeeta – Yep! Very easy! No rush on the Lassie. I can wait.

  2. I substitute the cinnamon with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper… adds just the right amount of heat (not too much) and it increases your metabolism, stimulates the immune system and blood circulation.

    1. The Gracious Pantry says:

      Marie – Brave woman!! I don’t think I’d have the nerve to do that. But I’m sure it’s tasty!

  3. I’ve also stuffed them with an almond…gives a bit of crunch to them and reminds me of a larabar! =)

    1. The Gracious Pantry says:

      Erin – How fabulously simple and delicious! Great idea!

  4. Spot on Tiff! I’m going to give these a go!

    I try 90% of the time to have supportive desserts (home made) and the other 10% at restaurants and go hell for leather. Although I can’t remember the last time I ordered dessert at a restaurant. So I must be learning ;-))

    XxDani

    1. The Gracious Pantry says:

      Dani – Good girl! Those restaurant desserts can really add up caloricly!

  5. Anonymous says:

    Jodi – “Flavor tooth”. I LOVE that! It describes it soooo perfectly!! And yes, fresh fruit is amazing!

  6. Wow, these sound awesome! I just bought dates and fell in love. I can’t wait to try one of these babies for a sweet snack. Thanks!

    1. Anonymous says:

      Amy – Enjoy! Just be warned, they are addictive!

  7. Anonymous says:

    Bennyhusband – Wonderful! It’s best to get those cravings out of your system, as long as you aren’t doing it on a regular basis. Good for you!

  8. Hi! I found your page and this recipe today when I was browsing for Date/peanut butter recipes….

    I actually just made peanut butter stuffed dates (without the cinnamon or salt) for dessert last night…but thanks for sharing your recipe! I’ll have to try it for sure with added cinnamon too!

  9. Lori MacKenzie says:

    I make these all the time… We stick them in the freezer and eat them frozen. They are unbelievable!

    1. The Gracious Pantry says:

      Lori – Glad you like them! 🙂 Never thought to put them in the freezer. I’ll have to try that next…

  10. 4 stars
    Definitely curbs your appetite when craving something sweet while eating clean!! Thanks!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recipe Rating




This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.