This clean eating chocolate peanut butter hummus is the perfect treat to share!
This time of year, everybody starts thinking about sweet treats to share with loved ones. Between Valentine’s day recipes, Easter recipes, Mother’s day and Father’s day recipes, you’re bound to need something special that’s easy to make and share! So today I have a delicious dip recipe that everyone can enjoy. It’s so crazy good!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF HUMMUS:
- Hummus has tons of plant-based protein.
- It has lots of fiber.
- It’s easy on blood sugar thanks to being low on the glycemic index.
- It has heart-healthy fats.
HOW TO MAKE HUMMUS:
Hummus may seem complicated, but it’s super easy to make!
- You can make your beans from scratch or buy them canned.
- It’s easiest to make in a food processor, but if you don’t mind working in smaller batches, a blender can work just as well. (Immersion blenders are great too!)
- You just dump everything in a food processor and blend until smooth!
- You can easily adjust flavors by adding more of any ingredients used in the recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR HUMMUS:
- While the ingredients differ from recipe to recipe, (you can find a bunch of them here) the base is always the same. Cooked chickpeas!
- Often, tahini is used for savory hummus. It gives it a nice “tang”.
- In savory hummus, garlic and other spices are also often used.
- Made as a dessert, hummus is also very versatile. Chocolate, in some form, is often used.
- Natural sweeteners seem to give a better depth of flavor in hummus.
WHAT TO SERVE THIS WITH?
- Mild-flavored crackers
- Pita (whole grain)
- Pretzels (whole grain)
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER HUMMUS RECIPE:
Clean Eating Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus
- 15 oz. canned chickpeas (no sugar added - drained and well rinsed)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 4 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a large food processor.
- Blend for 60 seconds. Scrap down the sides and blend until very smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with fresh fruit.