As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This chocolate peanut butter hummus is the perfect treat to share!
This time of year, everybody starts thinking about sweet treats to share with loved ones. Between Valentine’s day recipes, Easter recipes, Mother’s day and Father’s day recipes, you’re bound to need something special that’s easy to make and share! So today I have a delicious dip recipe that everyone can enjoy. It’s so crazy good!
Health Benefits Of Hummus
- Hummus has tons of plant-based protein.
- It has lots of fiber.
- It’s easy on blood sugar thanks to being low on the glycemic index.
- It has heart-healthy fats.
Ingredients For Hummus
- While the ingredients differ from recipe to recipe, (you can find a bunch of them here) the base is always the same. Cooked chickpeas!
- Often, tahini is used for savory hummus. It gives it a nice “tang”.
- In savory hummus, garlic and other spices are also often used.
- Made as a dessert, hummus is also very versatile. Chocolate, in some form, is often used.
- Natural sweeteners seem to give a better depth of flavor in hummus.
Ingredients For Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus
15 oz. canned chickpeas – Maker sure you get a can with no added sugar. Sugar is a common ingredient in canned beans. You can also use dry beans cooked at home. And if you have one, here’s how to cook chickpeas in an Instant Pot.
¼ cup peanut butter – Again, sugar is a commonly added ingredient. Look for peanut butter labeled “natural”. The healthiest peanut butter you can buy is the one that only has peanuts listed in the ingredient list.
¼ cup honey or pure maple syrup – I used honey. If you use maple syrup, keep in mind that this will taste slightly less sweet. You can compensate by either using slightly more maple syrup, or enhancing the sweetness by using a few drops of stevia.
4 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk – You can use any milk you like. I just find unsweetened almond milk to have the best flavor here.
2 tbsp. cocoa powder – This should also be just pure cocoa with no added sugar.
2 tsp. vanilla extract – Use the real stuff. Vanilla flavoring is synthetic.
How To Make Hummus
Hummus may seem complicated, but it’s super easy to make!
- You can make your beans from scratch or buy them canned.
- It’s easiest to make in a food processor, but if you don’t mind working in smaller batches, a blender can work just as well. (Immersion blenders are great too!)
- You just dump everything in a food processor and blend until smooth!
- You can easily adjust flavors by adding more of any ingredients used in the recipe.
What To Serve With This?
- Mild-flavored crackers
- Pita (whole grain)
- Pretzels (whole grain)
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
More Hummus REcipes
Need Recipe Supplies For This Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus?
Ninja BN601 Professional Plus Food Processor 1000-Peak-Watts with Auto-iQ Preset Programs Chop Puree Dough Slice Shred with a 9-Cup Capacity and a Silver Stainless Finish
Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus Recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Hummus
- 15 oz. canned chickpeas (no sugar added – drained and well rinsed)
- ¼ cup peanut butter (no sugar added)
- ¼ cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 4 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a large food processor.
- Blend for 60 seconds. Scrap down the sides and blend until very smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with fresh fruit.