It’s officially my favorite time of year! Pumpkin time! And not just because you get to buy one and carve it into a puuuurty jack-o-lantern, but also because you get to eat it!! (Pumpkin, not the jack-o-lantern).
Yup, yup… I love the pumpkin patches, the hay bales everywhere I look, the halloween decorations and the chill in the evening air. There’s just nothing like it! I look forward to it all year long, and frankly, would love it if it were like that all year round!
Now I know you summer enthusiasts feel differently. But you won’t change my mind on this. Autumn is the Best. Season. E.V.E.R.!!!!
So to celebrate the fact that I get to eat pumpkin again, I’m going to share with you a…….. PUMPKIN RECIPE!!!! Imagine that!
Not surprised? Well phoo. At least try to join in on my happy disposition, okay? Humor me here!
I had heard talk of pumpkin hummus before, so I gave it a whirl here recently. Literally. In my food processor. See what I did there? Ha!
I love to try different types of hummus, but I wasn’t sure what to expect from pumpkin hummus. And after trying it, I have to say it’s delicious, but I don’t really taste a HUGE flavor difference from regular hummus. So I would be inclined to tell you that if you want to sneak some extra veggies into your eating plan, this is a great way to do it! Pumpkin is jam-packed with good-for-you nutrients, and this is a great way to get them without even realizing it!
I mean, hummus is good no matter what, right? So if you can squeeze a few extra nutrients into something you already love, why not do it?!?
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating Traditional Hummus
- Clean Eating Taco Hummus
- Clean Eating Sun Dried Tomato and Olive Hummus
- 1 (15 oz.) can or home cooked chickpeas, drained & rinsed if canned
- ½ cup canned or home prepared pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup pure tahini, not tahini sauce
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder or 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper and paprika (optional - if you want it spicy)
- Water as needed
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth, adding water as needed to get a consistency you like.