My love of coconut is a relatively new thing. I’ve only liked it for about a year. Before that, you couldn’t get me to stand within ten feet of a coconut. It was like a bad date I couldn’t wait to get away from.
Now I’m not sure what changed but I can’t seem to get enough of the stuff these days! I think part of it is that I actually worked up the nerve to try some fresh coconut. Once I did that, the real love affair began.
If you read this blog with any regularity at all, you know that I’m a die-hard chocolate fanatic as well. I would put chocolate on my pizza if I could get away with it. (Hmmm…. new dessert recipe??!!!) So it was only logical that I pair my old love affair with my new tryst to see what I could come up with.
The result? A bowl of oatmeal that even my husband would be jealous of!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating German Chocolate Oatmeal
(Makes 2 servings)
- 2 servings of dry oats – cooked to package directions (see package for serving size)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dry coconut flakes
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cook your oats according to package directions.
- Just as the oats are done cooking, stir in the cocoa powder and coconut.
- Quickly stir in your egg whites, and continue to stir vigorously until they are cooked (you’ll see them turn white).
- Divide into bowls and top with agave or honey.