This easy Teriyaki chicken recipe can be made two different ways, quickly and easily!
I love a dish that can be served multiple ways. It’s keep boredom at bay while still giving you a delicious meal.
TWO WAYS TO SERVE EASY CHICKEN TERIYAKI
The basic recipe for the chicken teriyaki remains the same. But you can keep things interesting by serving it either over rice, or with rice noodles. While it seems like they should taste pretty similar, they actually are two very different dishes.
IF YOU MAKE THIS WITH:
- Rice – serve it over a bed or rice like I did above for Mini Chef. Put the rice in the bowl first and then ladle the chicken and some of the sauce over the top.
- Noodles – mix the noodles into the pan so they become well coated in sauce. You may need a little extra sauce for this because the pasta can easily soak up the extra sauce. I usually stir it all up in the pan and then pour a little extra sauce over the top once I have this served in bowls.
HOW TO MAKE EASY CHICKEN TERIYAKI
To make this truly quick and easy, make your sauce ahead of time. When you begin to make this recipe, set your rice or noodles to cook separately first. While those cook, you can make the chicken. It’s easy because all you have to do is sauté the the chicken and veggies with the spices and sauce plus a little oil to start things off. Dinner is done in the time it takes to make your rice or noodles because the skillet cooking of the chicken and broccoli is very quick and easy and will cook faster than the rice or noodles in most cases (if you chicken chunks aren’t too big and thick).
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE HEALTHY ASIAN RECIPES:
- Kung Pao Chicken
- Honey Sesame Chicken
- Spring Rolls
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Miso Soup
- Egg Roll In A Bowl
- Sesame Chicken Recipe
EASY TERIYAKI CHICKEN RECIPE:
Easy Chicken Teriyaki
- Large Skillet
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 1/4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-size chunks)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce (see recipe link above)
- 2 medium green onions (sliced)
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Make your teriyaki sauce ahead of time.
- Set your rice or noodles to cook to package directions.
- In a large skillet, warm the oil a bit and add in the chicken and broccoli over medium heat.
- Stir in the spices shortly thereafter.
- Cook until the oil is cooked out and the pan becomes too dry to continue without burning. Add in the sauce and half the green onions and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve over rice or noodles and garnish with the other half of the green onions.
- Add sesame seeds for garnish (optional).