This honey sesame chicken from your crock pot is an easy, delicious dinner that is anything but boring!
I love when my slow cooker makes dinner for me. But I love it even more when a recipe like this Clean Eating Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken turns out this delicious!!
The reason I like slow cookers so much is because of the texture that meats end up with when they’ve been slow cooking for hours. They always turn out totally moist and delicious! This recipe was a joy to create and my family loved it.
It has that traditional Asian flare while being totally clean and totally healthy. Serve this over cooked brown rice and maybe even keep a small dish of soy sauce nearby if that’s your preference. It has that “sweet and sour” flavor most people enjoy without be cloying or overly sweet like a lot of fast food Chinese food has.
These does well the next day for lunch too if you have leftovers, and will freeze pretty well too for up to about 3 months.
HOW TO MAKE HONEY SESAME CHICKEN
The process is pretty simple, actually. Particularly with a slow cooker! Put your chicken into your crock, make a quick sauce on the stovetop, pour it over the chicken and set it to cook for the next several hours while you do other things. Easy peasy!!
Serve this over some brown rice or even make a delicious Asian-style salad with it! You can also reheat it the next day and turn it into a yummy stir fry by chopping it up and tossing in a wok with some oil and veggies. Toss in some brown rice, or eat it as is! Either way, it’s a delicious meal.
HONEY SESAME CHICKEN FROM YOUR SLOW COOKER:
Honey Sesame Chicken From Your Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup red onions, minced
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. tamari or coconut aminos
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ tsp. arrowroot powder or organic cornstarch (optional for thickening the sauce)
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- cooked brown rice for serving
- 1 medium green onion (green part only) sliced thin for garnish
- Sauté the garlic and onions, in a medium skillet, in the oil until the onions are translucent.
- Whisk in the tamari (or coconut amigos), honey, ginger, red pepper flakes, tomato paste, water and half of the sesame seeds.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes. If you want thicker sauce, whisk in arrowroot powder or cornstarch now.
- Put the chicken in the bottom of the crock and ladle the sauce over it.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours. The chicken will shred easily by simply stirring or using two forks to shred.
- Serve over brown rice and sprinkle remaining sesame seeds over the top for garnish and extra flavor.
- Garnish with sliced green onions.