These chickpea burgers are the best meat-free burger you’ll have on your barbecue all summer!
For those of you who are plant-based, or even just looking to reduce your overall meat consumption, these clean eating chickpea burgers are a fabulous replacement for a traditional meat-based burger.
These delicious patties are easy to make with a food processor and can be frozen for quick and easy access during a busy week. You can throw these on the grill frozen and they won’t leave you with a mushy mess in the middle like some meatless burgers. Because who wants mush in their burger? Am I right?
WHY YOU WANT TO MAKE THESE CHICKPEA BURGERS:
- An excellent plant-based alternative to meat-based burgers.
- Easy to cook on the grill
- Freeze well up to 4 months if wrapped well.
- Can also be cooked in a skillet or baked in the oven.
- Never mushy in the middle.
- Won’t fall apart during cooking.
- Excellent flavor you can taste before you even cook the finished patties! (Because you know you’ll try the mix in your processor. I sure did!)
WHY GO PLANT-BASED?
Despite all the hoopla around low carb diets at the moment, there is overwhelming scientific proof that a plant-based diet is an incredibly healthy approach to nutrition. While holes can be found in any study, the combined results of all these plant-based studies makes it pretty hard to ignore the fact that including more plants in your eating plan is never a bad idea.
These burger patties are filled with fiber, protein and plenty of vitamins and minerals.
If you make these clean eating chickpea burgers, please be sure to review them in a comment below! And if you share a photo on social media, tag me so I can share it!
MORE HEALTHY BURGER RECIPES:
CHICKPEA BURGERS RECIPE:
Clean Eating Chickpea Burgers
- 3 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 6 tbsp. water
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (canned, rinsed and drained, or home cooked)
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup whole grain bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp. chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. tamari
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it's about half way to a smooth mush. You want some smooth mush and some chunks, like this:
- Measure 1/2 cup scoops and form them into patties.
- You can freeze them now by freezing them flat on a cookie sheet and then transferring to a food storage container, or you can continue and cook them.
- To take them, preheat the oven to 400 F. and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- You can also grill them or fry them. Whichever you prefer.
- Build your burger and enjoy!