Some burgers are just meant to be a summer time favorite, and these are one of them.
Hot off the grill, these puppies are a perfectly light dinner that will fill you up without sitting in your tummy like a ton of bricks. I love these burgers.
They are quick and easy to prepare and have a nice, summery, lemon flavor to them that is perfect for a hot summer evening barbecue.
Even though my husband has not continued with being vegan, these are definitely a favorite of his. I think I could feed these to him every night for dinner and he would be a happy camper.
Mini Chef, on the other hand, prefers turkey burgers. But I’m okay with that. The nice thing about grilling is that you can put a wide variety of things on the grill at the same time. Everyone gets what they want. Everyone is happy.
P.S. – The burger buns pictured above are by Alvarado Street Bakery. Clean and oh so yummy! (And no, they didn’t pay me to say that. They are the only clean bun I can find. Good thing they are tasty!)
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Lemon Portobello Mushroom Burgers
(Makes 4 servings)
- 4 Large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Place all ingredients in a disposable plastic bag and gently move everything around in the bag so the seasoning gets evenly distributed over the mushrooms.
- Place on the bbq and cook until the mushrooms are very soft and easily sliced.
- Assemble your burger to your liking. That’s it!