As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Occasionally, I get in to my kitchen to make dinner, and feel overwhelmed by the question, “what’s for dinner?”. Don’t get me wrong, I love to create recipes. It’s what I do.
But on rare occasion, I simply run out of ideas and no matter what I do, I can’t even begin to imagine what the heck to make for my family.
That’s when I walk to the fridge, pull out everything I have that looks edible, and start seeing what I can match up and put together.
Thankfully, I usually come up with something pretty tasty, and this time, I came up with something downright yummy!
More Healthy Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Bok Choy
- Taco Chicken Zucchini Pasta
- Roasted Balsamic Chicken And Tomatoes
- Southwestern Barbecue Chicken And Shrimp Skillet
- Baked Chicken Marinara
SUN DRIED TOMATO AND OLIVE CHICKEN RECIPE:
Sun Dried Tomato and Olive Chicken
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 5 breasts)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¾ lb. crimini mushrooms (sliced)
- 5 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 6 oz. canned black olives (sliced or chopped – drained)
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes (drained and chopped fine)
- Sauté‘ the mushrooms and garlic in the olive oil over low to medium-low heat.
- When the mushrooms just begin to wilt, add the chicken and sun dried tomatoes.
- Cook until the chicken is completely cooked through. It should be at least 165 degrees F. on a meat thermometer.
- Stir in the olives and remove pan from heat.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve.
- Note: If serving over pasta, a little parmesan would go a long way sprinkled on at the end. But we ate this as is and it was delish by itself.
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and writer for MSN and the AP Newswire.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!