Need a quick and simple dinner? This one comes together very quickly. Pop it in the oven, get a few things done, and dinner will be on the table in no time!
This recipe is actually my third attempt at this dish. I originally tried to do it with just spices. Then I added lemon juice on the second round, but didn’t care for the plain flavor. On the third try, I changed a few spices and used balsamic vinegar instead, and it turned out really delicious!
This dish is easy to prep ahead of time. Perfect for weekend prep too!! If you buy the chicken raw, you could easily prep this and freeze a portion. So it’s great for those of you cooking for just yourselves too. This is a great recipe for stocking up in the freezer!
I paired this with a salad to keep things simple. But you could easily make some brown rice and more cooked veggies to complete the meal. Simple, tasty and versatile.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating Italian Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Clean Eating Slow Cooker Turmeric Chicken
- Clean Eating Skillet-Baked Pesto Chicken
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 3 roma tomatoes
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste after cooking
- In an oiled casserole dish, layer the chicken and tomatoes in a single layer, nestling the tomatoes in between the breasts.
- Sprinkle the chicken and tomatoes with the vinegar and then the spices.
- Bake at 350 F. for about 40-50 minutes, or until the chicken reaches at least 165 F. on a meat thermometer.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve with a salad!