This clean eating slow cooker turmeric chicken recipe is a wonderful way to enjoy a heady array of spices.
The flavors of Indian food are pretty darn amazing. All the curry, turmeric and other aromatic spices seem to carry me away to ancient places.
India is definitely one of the places on my bucket list. I want to explore their spice markets and experience authentic local foods in every region of this culturally rich country. To experience the people, the fabrics and jewelry and maybe even catch a glimpse of an Indian palace. Sounds like a dream, I know. But some of their buildings are truly marvelous architecture and I would love to see them all.
But until that day comes, I’ll have to make due with what I can produce in my own kitchen. And while my recipes are far from authentic, they give me just enough of the aromas to keep me dreaming of my future travels.
This particular recipe was the result of a HUGE jar of turmeric I somehow ended up with. I just kept buying it in bulk not realizing that I still had some at home. And by the time I found my stash… well lets just say I don’t need to buy any any time soon.
This chicken would be fabulous served with some chickpeas and brown rice, and of course, a side of veggies.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING SLOW COOKER TURMERIC CHICKEN RECIPE:
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Turmeric Chicken Recipe
- 4 lb. whole chicken
- 1/4 cup turmeric chicken rub (see recipe link above)
- 4 slices lemon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker crock.
- Separate the skin from the bird by running your hand underneath it to make a pocket for the spices.
- Liberally sprinkle the spices under the skin, being sure to spread them over as much of the chicken as possible. If there is any left over, simply sprinkle it over the top of the skin after inserting the lemons.
- Insert lemon pieces under the skin, but on top of the spices.
- Sprinkle the top of the chicken with a light sprinkle of salt.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the chicken is fully cooked.