As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This clean eating chicken korma recipe will satisfy your most intense Indian food cravings!
Oh how I love Indian food. All those rich spices and fabulous aromas.
I fell in love with my ex over Indian food and it’s been a semi-regular staple ever since. In fact, I’m pretty sure I’ll be diving into Indian cooking a bit more this fall. Nothing makes the house smell as amazing as spices like curry, garam masala, cardamom and turmeric simmering on the stove in the evening hours. The second people catch a whiff, they seem to gravitate towards the kitchen. It’s an invisible force too powerful to fight. And thank goodness for that! It’s a great way to get the family to the dinner table!
More healthy Indian Recipes
CHICKEN KORMA RECIPE:
Chicken Korma Recipe
- 2 ¼ lb. chicken breasts (boneless, skinless – cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 5 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- ¼ cup tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup roasted cashew pieces
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- salt to tast at serving
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add the chicken to the pan.
- Add all other ingredients in the order listed, EXCEPT for the yogurt.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the yogurt and salt to taste.
- Serve over brown rice, with clean eating naan or by itself.