These curried lentils are a tummy warming bowl of comfort food on a chilly day!
I don’t know about you, but I find fiber to be a pretty essential part of my eating plan.
So I try to opt for foods that I know are higher in fiber. When I made this recipe, I had no idea until I calculated the nutrition data just how much fiber I’d be getter in one bowl. It was awesome!
You actually get half the day’s fiber requirement in just one cup of this delicious stuff! You’ll also get vitamin b6, A and K while you enjoy a wonderfully comforting dish.
- 2 cups dry, brown lentils
- 7 cups vegetable stock (low sodium, no sugar added)
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 3 cups fresh spinach (packed tight when measuring)
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk (canned. Not from a carton)
- 6 medium garlic cloves
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a gentle boil and cook until all the liquid has been absorbed and the lentils are soft.