As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This baked chicken marinara is quick, simple and super quick to put together. Perfect for a busy weeknight or last minute lunch!
Okay. Don’t shoot me. This is beyond simple and involves…. a jar. <GASP!!!>
Yes, I went the jarred sauce route on this one, but it was clean sauce, and I was short on time. That’s life as a clean eater sometimes. But it was totally worth it. I love Rao’s sauce. It’s a little pricey, but it’s fabulous stuff! (And no, I was not paid to say that. I really do love their sauce.)
So if you need convenience on a busy evening, this is definitely the way to go. You can even spiralize your zucchini ahead of time! It keeps for about 3 days in the fridge. I put a paper towel in a zipper top plastic bag and then add the zucchini noodles. It keeps really well this way!
MORE QUICK AND EASY RECIPES:
BAKED CHICKEN MARINARA RECIPE:
Baked Chicken Marinara
- Cast iron skillet OR baking pan with sides
- 28 oz. jar marinara (I used Rao's marinara)
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (2 breasts, boneless, skinless)
- 4 medium zucchini (raw and spiralized)
- grated parmesan to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Simply empty the jar of sauce into a cast iron skillet or baking dish and set your chicken into the sauce. Use a spoon to spread some of it over the chicken.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the chicken reaches at least 165 F. on a meat thermometer.
- Pour this over some zucchini noodles and dinner is good to go!
- Parmesan optional.