Okay. Don’t shoot me. This is beyond simple and involves…. a jar. <GASP!!!>
Yes, I went the jarred sauce route on this one, but it was clean sauce, and I was short on time. That’s life as a clean eater sometimes! But it was totally worth it. I love Rao’s sauce. It’s a little pricey, but it’s fabulous stuff! (And no, I was not paid to say that. I really do love this sauce!)
So if you need convenience on a busy evening, this is definitely the way to go. You can even spiralize your zucchini ahead of time! It keeps for about 3 days in the fridge. I put a paper towel in a zipper top plastic bag and then add the zucchini noodles. It keeps really well this way!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Skillet Baked Chicken Marinara
- 1 jar clean marinara (I used Rao’s Marinara)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3-4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Simply empty the jar of sauce into a cast iron skillet or baking dish and set your chicken into the sauce. Use a spoon to spread some of it over the chicken.
- Bake at 350 F. for about 40 minutes or until the chicken reaches at least 165 F. on a meat thermometer.
- Pour this over some zucchini noodles and dinner is good to go!
- Parmesan optional.
Number of servings (yield): 4