It’s been a while since I’ve done a Simple Meals post. High time, don’t you think? Sea scallops are a wonderful treat. They can be a bit pricey, but they are worth every penny. Delicious, light and totally healthy, you can impress almost anyone by serving these at dinner.
As with all my Simple Meals, there are no measurements. Just concepts for meals you can make. That being said, there is a little bit of direction involved, so I’ll set this up as a recipe, but you can use any amount in the ingredients you like. Serve this with a salad or with some brown rice and veggies for a complete meal.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Simple Simple Sea Scallops
- Sea Scallops
- Oil, light flavored is best
- Garlic powder
- Dill (optional)
- Put a small amount of oil in your pan.
- Get the pan and oil good and hot.
- Place the scallops in the pan and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Towards the end of cooking, sprinkle just a pinch of garlic powder over each scallop.
- If using the dill, sprinkle the tops of the scallops with it lightly and serve.
- NOTE: Cooking time will vary slightly based on thickness of your scallops. The scallops are done when you cut into the middle of one and see that it is all one color. If the middle is still raw, you can see it. It will be more opaque. That said, it’s easy to overcook scallops. So watch them carefully. You can’t put these in the pan and walk away.