These tuna patties are a delicious switch for dinner tonight and they’re made with a clean eating recipe!
Why I haven’t made tuna patties prior to this is a mystery to me. But I finally did it, and you can bet I’ll make them again. They are delicious!! Why didn’t somebody tell me? Somebody should have grabbed me by the shoulders and said, “wake up Tiffany, you’re missing out!“?? Why, why, why???
Seriously. There should be a little foodie elf that follows me around and kicks me in the shins every time I fail to cook something delicious. Every time I wonder what to make for dinner. Every time I consider making chicken… again…I mean really, these couldn’t be more simple! Such a great weeknight meal!
TUNA PATTIES RECIPE TIPS:
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the patty into the skillet and then use a fork to gently press it down to a flatter form.
- If you prefer to bake these instead of frying them, simply scoop the patties onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes at 350 F.
If your patties fall apart in the pan, there could be one of two things that are causing it.
- The tuna was not drained well enough. You want to get all of the water removed or it will cause problems.
- Temperature and humidity can vary from kitchen to kitchen, for many different reasons. The fix could be as simple as adding one more egg. Three eggs worked fine for me, but it’s possible that some people may need to use four eggs. So if the first patty falls apart, just stir in an extra egg with the remaining tuna and try again.
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE CLEAN EATING TUNA RECIPES:
Healthy Tuna Patties
CLICK TO WATCH THIS RECIPE IN ACTION!
- 3 (5 oz.) cans water packed tuna, no added salt, water drained well
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- oil for cooking
- Stir everything together in a medium mixing bowl until well combined.
- Form small patties with your hands (about 1 1/2 inches in diameter).
- Cook in a skillet using a heart healthy oil.
- Top with fresh, chopped onion, fresh parsley and serve with a lemon wedge.