As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This chicken bok choy recipe is a great balance of macros and makes for a very satisfying chicken dinner!
Bok choy is a fabulously sassy little vegetable. It’s a variety of cabbage but it has those curvy little white hips and long, sultry, dark green leaves. It’s a very sexy veggie, believe it or not.
I can honestly say that this is one of my better creations. It’s a very engaging and gratifying dish. That addition of peanut butter punches you in the tongue with flavor, but doesn’t seem to actually impart the flavor of peanut butter. It’s magical!
And who knows, maybe I’ll find a reason to dress up with that lipstick and diamond necklace. They are supposed to be a girl’s best friend, right? Or was that the Coach handbag… hmmmm…
MORE HEALTHY CHICKEN DINNER IDEAS:
CHICKEN BOK CHOY RECIPE:
Chicken Bok Choy Recipe
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked - see Fried Chicken link above if you need a recipe)
- 1 large bok choy (cleaned and chopped)
- 1 ½ cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 lb. bean sprouts (I used mung bean sprouts here)
- ¾ cup chicken stock (approximate measure - no sugar added)
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter (no sugar added)
- In a pan, combine the bok choy, onion, bean sprouts and chicken stock. Cover and cook on high for 5-10 minutes or until the veggies have wilted and cooked down by almost half.
- Remove lid and allow any liquid in the pan to cook down. A little is okay, but you don't want a lake.
- Toss in the chicken and stir well.
- Stir in the peanut butter. It will clump in the beginning, but if you keep stirring, it will disperse and cover everything nicely.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.