This dark chocolate fondue recipe is perfect for a dessert you want to share.
I have to confess that I am in love with love. The things or people I love in life I feel true passion for. Nothing feels better and nothing can motivate or inspire the way love can. In my humble opinion, it’s the strongest force that exists.
One of the things I feel true passion for is chocolate. I’m not just paying lip service to this either. I really, truly, honestly have a love affair with good chocolate. Not just any chocolate…. GOOD chocolate!
Maybe it’s the German in me, but I really believe that chocolate should be its own food group. What better gift could you possibly get for Valentine’s Day?! After all, chocolate is an aphrodisiac. It inspires passion and all the wonderful things that come with love.
So how about it? Are you inspired by love? Feeling romantic? Feeling like indulging in a little bit of really good chocolate? Give this recipe for Clean Eating Chocolate Fondue a try, and let the lovin’ begin!
- Pears (pears are fabulous with this!)
- Dried fruits of all kinds
More Healthy Dessert Recipes
Dark Chocolate Fondue Recipe
Dark Chocolate Fondue
- 1 oz. unsweetened dark chocolate (You can also use unsweetened baking chocolate)
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. honey (or 2 tbsp. maple syrup)
- Start with 2-3 squares of chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes on high.
- Remove from microwave and stir. Place back into the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and stir. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the chocolate is melted. It is important not to overdo this as the chocolate will burn easily. Stir after every 30 seconds to ensure that the chocolate is helping to melt itself.
- Stir in the appropriate amount of oil and honey. (2-3 teaspoons each)
- NOTE: When multiplying the recipe, either warm all the chocolate together in a large bowl, or do several batches. Do not melt a few squares, then add more to the same bowl and microwave again. The chocolate will burn this way.
- Place in a fondue dish and keep warm.
- Adjust for taste and texture with oil and agave or honey.
- Serve with fruit of choice.