This 4 bean chili recipe is a perfect meal for a chilly, meatless Monday evening!
I have to be honest, this chili could easily be soup. But I had to pick one, so I went with chili. Is that bad? Either way, this was delicious!
I have a hard time with vegan and/or vegetarian dishes because I can never get them seasoned the way I like. But this one I’m pretty proud of. You can use home cooked or canned beans, either way. I used the canned variety and dinner was put together in about 10 minutes. If you want more of a soup, add some extra vegetable broth. If you like a heartier chili, use a little less. The amount of broth you put in is what you will end up with, so it’s easy to gauge how “soupy” you want this.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THIS CLEAN EATING RECIPE:
4 BEAN CHILI RECIPE:
4 Bean Chili
- 5 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans (drained, no sugar added)
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans (drained, no sugar added)
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans (drained, no sugar added)
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans (drained, no sugar added)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 3 cups vegetable stock (no sugar added)
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil, using a medium-sized soup pot.
- Add all other ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Allow to boil for approximately 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool and serve.