This baked oatmeal with pumpkin and cranberries is destined to become a family favorite. Start your holiday mornings off right with a big bowl of oats, pumpkin, cranberries and so much more!
This recipe was originally intended for my Clean For The Holidays cookbook (not yet published). But I love this so much, I just had to share it with you here.
It’s the perfect casserole breakfast for a holiday morning. I love making this on Thanksgiving morning when I have to feed everyone AND be in the kitchen all day. It’s quick, easy, and everyone asks for seconds. Whole grain goodness AND everyone loves it? Oh yes please. I need more of that in my life.
And yes, you can prep this the night before and store it in the fridge. Just add everything except the oats. You can stir those in last minute before putting it in the oven.
CAN YOU FREEZE BAKED OATMEAL?
You sure can! In some recipes, there may be ingredients that won’t freeze very well, or discolor while in the freezer (such as bananas). But with a recipe like this, you can freeze for up to six months. I highly recommend freezing in single servings to make life easier, unless you plan on feeding many people at once. Once thawed, you can reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or in the oven at 400 F. with foil over the top so nothing burns, until warmed through.
OTHER HEALTHY OATMEAL RECIPES:
- Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal
- Buttery Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Gingerbread Oatmeal
- Banana Bread Oatmeal
BAKED OATMEAL RECIPE:
Baked Oatmeal with Pumpkin and Cranberries
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup prepared pumpkin (canned or homemade)
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (see link above), no sugar added if purchased
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a casserole dish (9x13), blend together the almond milk, pumpkin, pumpkin spice, honey and vanilla. Stir gently until completely combined.
- Add the oats, pecans, cranberries and raisins. Stir briefly to combine.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the casserole is soft and cooked through.