This pumpkin butter recipe is the only thing your morning toast is screaming for this season!
Aaaah, fall has arrived in all it’s red, gold and brown glory. It’s my absolute favorite time of year. I seem to come alive during this season, and so does Mini Chef. All the leaves to jump in, tree branches to shake (leaf rain!) and of course, PUMPKINS!!!! (And yes, the clean eating pumpkin butter recipe!)
Pumpkins are my absolute favorite part of the season (well, and Halloween…). They are so delicious regardless of how you prepare them, and packed with nutrition too!
Last year, I tried my hand at creating a pumpkin butter recipe and failed miserably. I tried again and again and just could not get it right. It seems timing is everything because this year, I hit a home run on my first attempt. I just love it when that happens!
Mini Chef LOVES this on toast with peanut butter. It’s a great way to start your morning!
USES FOR PUMPKIN BUTTER
If you’re at a loss for what to do with this deliciousness, let me help you out with this short but yummy list.
- Smear it over pancakes.
- Smear it over waffles.
- Drip some over a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Make an autumn-inspired pizza and use this as the sauce.
- Put it between two slices of french toast.
- Stir it into your morning oatmeal.
- Stir it into plain yogurt.
- Spoon it over a baked sweet potato.
- Make a pumpkin butter parfait.
- Add a tablespoon or two to a grilled cheese sandwich.
At the end of the day, no matter how you use it, you’ll end up with something delicious! Just don’t smear it on spinach… Just sayin’…
MORE FRUIT AND SQUASH BUTTER RECIPES:
PUMPKIN BUTTER RECIPE:
Spread a little of this over your morning toast and Autumn will never be the same.
- 2 (15 oz.) cans pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!!)
- 1 cup apple juice, no sugar added
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. molasses
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice mix, no sugar added if purchased (see recipe link above)
- pinch of salt (very small)
Place all ingredients in a small slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Allow to cool for a while, pour into storage jars and keep it in the fridge overnight. Enjoy the next morning!
Please note that the nutrition data below is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.