This delicious cranberry pie is so totally worthy of your holiday table!! The best part is, it’s a clean eating pie recipe, and the pie is so good, everyone will be raving about it!
The holidays are here, and I admit to having poor timing. Leave it to me to try to sell my house right when the jingle bell frenzy is starting to kick in.
My house is about 70% packed and ready to move. This means, I need an easy dessert to make with minimal tools and dishes, and one I can prep ahead of time to share with family is an absolute necessity right now. I simply can’t do a lot of cooking or baking this year. Make-ahead meals and easy dessert recipes like cranberry pie are seriously amazing. They are responsible for saving my holidays this season!
I was able to put together a cranberry pie between appointments for showing my house. It is fast and easy, and the best part is, dessert is prepped and ready to be baked fresh for the holiday meal. It doesn’t get much easier for this busy girl!
Cranberry lovers everywhere will appreciate this delicious cranberry pie. It has the perfect balance of sweet and tart. Top a slice of the pie with a little honey-sweetened whipped cream and you’ve got a wholesome, amazingly delicious holiday dessert!
OTHER CLEAN EATING PIE RECIPES:
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY PIE
Cranberry Pie - Clean Eating, NO Refined Sugar Recipe
- 1 lb. fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 standard pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all filling ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Transfer the pie filling to a food-safe bag or container if making ahead of time. Store in fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When you're ready to make your pie, simply thaw the pie filling (if frozen) and pour the contents into your pie crust.
- Top with crust.
- Vent the top of your pie by making 3 to 4 small cuts in the top crust.
- Transfer entire pie onto a baking sheet and bake for approximately 1 hour or until you see juices bubbling around the edges or through the vents.
- Cool, cut and serve.