This naturally sweetened pecan pie is made with REAL FOOD ingredients and no refined sugar. It’s a clean pie recipe that makes the perfect holiday dessert!
LIGHTER HOLIDAY DESSERT
You asked for a naturally sweetened pecan pie recipe, but I won’t sugarcoat this for you. This pie may be lighter than the typical holiday dessert, but it’s definitely not conducive to losing weight. It is, however, technically clean.
This pie recipe is a little bit healthier and lighter for the fact that it doesn’t call for any corn syrup. No refined sugars is a good thing! Not just that, but there are hidden dangers in high fructose corn syrup.
However, any time you have pecans, you’re going to get a lot of fat. There’s no way around that. Even this pie has a lot of fat. But the difference is, all the ingredients are real, whole food. So your body actually gets nutrition from it. Plus, the fat from the pecans is healthy fat. So even though this is still high in fat, it’s far better than the stuff you buy or get in a restaurant.
OTHER NATURALLY SWEETENED PIE RECIPES
NATURALLY SWEETENED PECAN PIE RECIPE:
Naturally Sweetened Pecan Pie (NO Corn Syrup)
- 1 batch clean eating pie crust recipe (see link above - makes 2 pie crusts)
- 3/4 cups honey (for medium sweetness - 1/2 cup for less sweet - 1 cup for super sweet)
- 3 large egg whites (whipped with a fork)
- 2 tbsp. light flavored oil
- 1 cup raw pecan pieces (chop fine after measuring)
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp. whole wheat pastry flour (affiliate link)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour batter into raw pie crust and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F, and continue to bake for 20-25 minutes. The pie should raise in the oven and have small cracks in the top when it's done.
- Remove from over and allow to cool overnight.