As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Avocado toast is great, but adding some seasoning to that toast makes it even better. Here’s how to make avocado toast with everything bagel seasoning.
Avocado toast has become a bit of a breakfast passion of mine as of late. I have created several versions that I’ll be sharing on this website. But if I’m being honest, this is, hands down, one of my favorites.
Is Avocado Toast Healthier Than A Bagel?
It can be, for sure. That is unless you buy your bagel at a health food store and get the super healthy kind. But even then, toast is usually lower in calories and sometimes even lower in carbs than a bagel.
What Is Everything But The Bagel Seasoning Good For?
You can use it on so many things! Besides this toast recipe, my favorite is to use it on roasted chickpeas. It makes a delicious snack. Beyond that, it goes well with grilled chicken, baked potatoes, creamy dip, pizza, salad dressing, salads, pasta salads, mac & cheese, and buttered popcorn. Everything Bagel seasoning is simply a mix of poppy seeds, white sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, garlic, onion flakes, and some salt. It’s a basic blend that goes well with many dishes.
Avocado Toast Calories
While calories will vary based on the bread you use, the average guestimate for two slices of avocado toast is around 300 calories.
Best Bread For Avocado Toast
I find that whole-grain bread typically tastes best for avocado toast. Anything 100% whole-grain or whole-wheat will work well. The next best thing after that is sourdough bread.
Try making this recipe with one of these variations for a delicious alternative.
- Avocado toast with egg and everything bagel seasoning – Prepare the egg separately any way you like. Poached eggs are always yummy on this. I love letting the yolk run over the whole piece of toast.
- Avocado toast with tomatoes and everything bagel seasoning – Any tomatoes will do.
- Avocado toast with cream cheese
- Avocado toast with arugula
- Avocado toast with hummus
- Avocado toast with lemon juice
- Avocado toast with garlic
- Avocado toast with red pepper flakes
- Avocado toast with cilantro and lime juice
How To Make Avocado Toast
No matter what you add to it, basic avocado toast always starts out the same way. It’s important to season in layers, no matter what you add. So don’t skip the salt and pepper on the avocado. You can add more or none at all after adding your extra toppings. But season from the bottom when adding layers. Here are step-by-step instructions for making avocado toast.
About The Ingredients
Whole grain bread – Look for 100% whole grain bread with no sugar added.
Avocado – You want one that is perfectly ripe. Not too hard and not too soft.
Salt – I used pink Himalayan salt, but you can use whatever salt you normally use. And while I give you a measurement, you can and should add to taste. I have been told that flaky sea salt tastes best, but I haven’t tried it yet.
Ground black pepper – Here again, add to taste. I love pepper on mine, so I use a lot. Much more than the recipe calls for!
Everything Bagel Seasoning – You can buy this at Trader Joe’s or make your own at home using this recipe. (I used my own recipe)
How To Make Avocado Toast With Everything Bagel Seasoning
Gather and measure all your ingredients as needed, then toast the bread to your liking.
Smash a quarter of an avocado onto each slice of bread using a fork.
Sprinkle salt to taste over the avocado.
Next, sprinkle the ground pepper on to your liking.
Lastly, sprinkle on the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
Try it and see if anything needs adjusting. If so, adjust and enjoy.
Storing Avocado Toast With Everything Bagel Seasoning
While leftovers are unlikely, you can pack this in an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. The avocado is likely to change color, however. So it’s best to eat it all at once.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Remember to subscribe to my free newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Avocado Toast With Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe Card
Avocado Toast With Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 sharp paring knife
- 1 toaster
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- ½ medium avocado
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Gather and measure all your ingredients as needed, then toast the bread to your liking.
- Smash a quarter of an avocado onto each slice of bread using a fork.
- Sprinkle salt to taste over the avocado.
- Next, sprinkle the ground pepper on to your liking.
- Lastly, sprinkle on the Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Try it and see if anything needs adjusting. If so, adjust and enjoy.