As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you looking to level up your breakfast or brunch game with a delicious twist? You’ve found it with this amazing combo of Avocado Toast with Tomatoes. Satisfy your cravings and give your taste buds a treat they won’t forget.
Tomato Avocado Toast is a tasty variation of the classic avocado toast. This is a fun and easy way to spice up your boring breakfast.
Are Tomatoes And Avocados Good Together?
Absolutely! They are a classic combination that goes well together in many different dishes. This avocado toast with tomatoes is not different. Delicious and filling.
What Goes Well With Avocado Toast?
There are so many different and delicious ways to top your avocado toast. The only limit is your imagination. Eggs, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and veggies all pair wonderfully with avocado toast.
Recipe Variations For Avocado Toast With Tomatoes
Want to add more to this deliciousness? Try one of these:
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- A spritz of lemon juice
- Try fresh cilantro instead of basil or even some fresh parsley.
- Add a fried egg on top.
- Mash a little prepared pesto into your avocado before adding the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle on some red pepper flakes for a little spice.
- Add a thin slice of cheese, such as fresh mozzarella or a sprinkle o feta cheese.
- Add some chopped red onions
About The Ingredients
Whole wheat bread – Pick one that is 100% whole grain and has no added sugar or preservatives. But if you really want white bread, try using sourdough bread instead or gluten-free bread if that is needed.
Avocado – Pick one that is not too hard and not too soft. You want it to be perfectly ripe.
Salt – Add to taste. Try sea salt or pink Himalayan salt for added nutrients.
Ground black pepper – Add to taste.
Fresh basil leaves – I give a number for the recipe’s sake but use as much as you need to cover the toast.
Grape tomatoes – Or cherry tomatoes.
How To Make Avocado Toast With Tomatoes
Toast the bread.
Gather all the ingredients. Cut the avocado open, remove the pit, slice the flesh, and scoop it out.
Lay out your ingredients and smash the avocado into the toast.
Add the fresh basil leaves. Use enough to cover the bread.
Add the halved tomatoes.
Sprinkle them with salt and pepper to taste. You can turn them back over again if you need them to stay on the bread better. But season them before you do so.
Serve and enjoy.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container. This will keep in the fridge for 1-2 days at most before the avocado turns dark.
Freezing is not recommended for this recipe.
More Healthy Toast Recipes
Remember to subscribe to my free newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Avocado Toast With Tomatoes Recipe Card
Avocado Toast With Tomatoes
- 1 toaster
- 1 Paring knife
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 Fork
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- ½ medium avocado
- ⅛ tsp. salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 6 medium fresh basil leaves
- 4 medium grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes, halved)
- Toast the bread.
- Gather all the ingredients
- Lay out your ingredients and smash the avocado into the toast.
- Add the fresh basil leaves. Use enough to cover the bread.
- Add the halved tomatoes.
- Sprinkle them with salt and pepper to taste. You can turn them back over again if you need them to stay on the bread better. But season them before you do so.
- Serve and enjoy.