As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Everything Bagel seasoning recipe is great on everything from bagels to chicken, fish, and of course, cream cheese. Plus just about anything else!
Most folks know this bagel spice blend, thanks to Trader Joe’s. And I know it’s called bagel seasoning, but it truly can be used for so much more! Check out the list below.
What Is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
This simple seasoning is a blend of dried garlic, onion, sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, and poppy seeds.
Can You Double Or Triple The Recipe?
You can! You can multiply this as many times as you like, however, I would cut back slightly on the salt with each duplication. You can also cut this recipe in half if you just want to try it or don’t think you can use it up fast enough.
What To Do With Everything But The Bagel Seasoning?
There is so much! Here are some suggestions:
- Sprinkle over mac and cheese.
- Use it as a rub for chicken, especially baked or roasted chicken.
- Sprinkle it over your morning eggs.
- Use it as a topping and/or seasoning when you bake bread.
- It’s great for seasoning roasted veggies.
- Sprinkle a dash over homemade fries.
- Sprinkle it over deviled eggs
- Add it as a seasoning for popcorn
- Sprinkle a dash over a bowl of soup
- Shake some over a green salad
- Sprinkle it over a baked potato
- Add it to homemade vinaigrettes
- Mix it into butter for flavored butter
- Mix it into your usual tuna salad
- Sprinkle over breakfast potatoes
- Sprinkle it onto your morning avocado toast
- Add a dash or two to baked salmon
- Mix some into homemade coleslaw
- Stir some into a bowl of hummus
- Sprinkle over the top of homemade pita chips
- Add a dash between the cheese slices of a grilled cheese sandwich
- Sprinkled over cut avocados with some lemon juice
- Sprinkled on pizza
- And more!
How Do You Get Everything Bagel Seasoning To Stick To A Bagel?
If you love to make your own bagels at home but can’t seem to get the seasoning to stick to the tops of your bagels, here’s the trick to make it stick.
Using a basting brush, brush the top of each bagel with a very light layer of water. Then sprinkle on the seasoning and bake. And just like that, your seasoning will stick!
About The Ingredients
Sesame seeds – I used untoasted, white sesame seeds.
Black sesame seeds
Garlic granules – You can also use garlic powder, dehydrated, minced garlic, or garlic flakes.
Onion granules – You can also use onion powder, onion flakes, or dried onion.
Salt – I used pink Himalayan salt, but you can use whatever you normally cook with. Note that this amount of salt makes the seasoning itself pretty salty. But once added to a dish, the salt blends in nicely. You can cut back on it if you wish, however, or omit it completely. For sea salt, use no more than level 1 tsp. for kosher salt, use a heaping teaspoon.
How To Make Everything Bagel Seasoning
Place all the ingredients into a small bowl.
Stir until well blended.
Transfer to a storage jar or container for storage.
How To Store Everything Bagel Seasoning
This is best kept in an airtight container such as a spice jar or canning jar. It will keep at room temperature in your cupboard for approximately 3 months.
If kept in the fridge, it will last up to 6 months. Just makes sure it’s packed well enough in a tight container so that no moisture can get to it.
Can You Freeze Everything Bagel Seasoning?
You can! In fact, it freezes rather well as long as it’s packed very tightly so no moisture can get into it. If it’s wrapped well, it will freeze for up to 6 months.
More Seasoning Blend Recipes
Remember to subscribe to my free newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe Card + Video
Everything Bagel Seasoning
CLICK TO WATCH THIS RECIPE IN ACTION!
- 1 small mixing bowl
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 2 tsp. garlic granules
- 1 tsp. onion granules
- 1 tsp. salt
- Place all the ingredient into a small bowl.
- Stir until well blended.
- Transfer to a storage jar or container for storage.