This clean eating 2 bean turkey chili is perfect for your next “chilly” night!
Did you see what I did there? Ha! (Ya, okay. That was bad…)
But some days are just “chili days”. Is it a coincidence that those particular days are usually “chilly”? I think not.
But bad jokes aside, I really do think that we enjoy food based on our emotions and feelings. On cold days, we want warmth and comfort and the feeling of home and a warm kitchen with fabulous aromas. What better way to scent your kitchen than a big pot of chili?
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING CHILI RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING 2 BEAN TURKEY CHILI RECIPE:
Clean Eating 2 Bean Turkey Chili
- 1 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 5 medium garlic cloves (chopped fine)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 15 oz. can black beans (no sugar added, drained and rinsed)
- 15 oz. can kidney beans (no sugar added, drained and rinsed)
- 1 lb. frozen corn (optional)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 12 oz. jarred salsa (no sugar added and your favorite level of heat)
- In a large pot, sauté the garlic and onion in the olive oil.
- Stir in the meat and brown, breaking it up as you stir.
- Stir in everything else and cook over medium-high heat until the meat is cooked through. Stir frequently to avoid any burning on the bottom of your pot. If you need extra liquid, you can always stir in a little chicken broth to get the consistency you like. But I found that the salsa was enough. Do what suits your tastes.
- Allow to cool and serve.
- Note: If you can manage it, store this overnight and enjoy the next day. The flavor is even better on the second day when the flavors have really melded. Yum!