As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These ground turkey meatballs are the perfect, multi-purpose meatball!
Wouldn’t you love to have a meatball recipe that you could use anytime you make something that requires meatballs? Well this is that recipe! This multi-use turkey meatballs recipe is perfect for using in soups, pastas, with creamy sauces, for appetizer recipes, meatball subs, rice and noodle bowls, mezze platters and even just on their own!
HOW TO MAKE GROUND TURKEY MEATBALLS:
They are pretty simple to make. Simply mix all ingredients together, roll out the meatballs and then cook them. But there are a few hints and tips that can make making these a little simpler.
- The cookie scoop is available on Amazon. (affiliate link – click image)
- If you’d like you can freeze the meatballs uncooked. To do so, after you shape them and put them in the freezer on the cookie sheet simply let them freeze until firm. Then you can remove them from the baking sheet and place in an airtight Ziploc bag to freeze thoroughly and use later.
- When frying the meatballs you’ll know they’re ready to be flipped because they’ll pull away from the pan easily.
- If you’re going to use these meatballs to cook in pasta sauce or soups, fry them until they’re browned a bit on the outside, with the heat a bit higher. Since they’ll simmer in a sauce/broth they’ll finish cooking in there so no worries if they’re brown on the outside but not cook through.
HOW TO USE MEATBALLS:
Here are some recipe ideas for using meatballs.
- Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Meatball Sandwiches/Subs
- Meatball Pizza
- Served on their own with toothpicks as appetizers
- Meatball Casserole
- Meatball Sliders
- Add as meat to nearly and soup.
- Add to salads
- Cook inside a grilled cheese sandwich
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE HEALTHY MEATBALL RECIPES:
- Danish Meatballs
- Southwest Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs
- Garlic Parmesan Meatballs
- Sweet And Sour Meatballs
GROUND TURKEY MEATBALLS RECIPE:
Ground Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- ¼ cup finely chopped spring onion (in a pinch, yellow onion works too)
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ½ tsp. garlic powder powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs (Panko or homemade)
- 1 large egg
- oil (for sautéing)
- Place the turkey meat in a large bowl then add in the onion, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined, as best as possible. Next stir in the breadcrumbs and again stir until as well combined as possible. Now add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and set aside. Using a medium-size Oxo cookie scoop, scoop up some of the turkey mix and shape into meatballs and place it on the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the meat is used – be sure to space out the meatballs so they don’t stick together. This recipe will make 19 meatballs. Once finished place the meatballs in the freezer for 10 minutes. This is just to firm them up a bit so they stick together, you don’t want to freeze them.
- After 10 minutes remove the meatballs from the freezer, drizzle just enough olive oil to coat a pan and allow the oil to warm up a bit. Set the heat to medium-low. Arrange some meatballs in the hot pan, don’t crowd them. Cook for 5 minutes before flipping and cooking another 4 minutes. I like to rotate the meatballs so they brown a bit on all sides. From your first batch, check a meatball to make sure it’s cooked all the way through. Enjoy as desired!