As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This eggs and oats meal prep breakfast plan will give you alternate days of egg muffins and overnight oats. This is one of the simplest, easiest and fastest way to prep a full week of breakfasts with minimal ingredients and a small investment of time.
I like to have an affordable, quick and easy prep I can do for breakfasts for when the budget is as tight as my time. This combination comes together quickly and with minimal fuss, as you’ll see below.
You’ll find a clickable link just above the recipe for a printer-friendly version of this that prints both the recipes AND a shopping list. If all you want are the recipes, click the print button in the recipe area below the photo.
Eggs and oats are a great combo both for fiber and protein. Alternate days for the best use of your food and make sure you keep the extra egg muffins in the freezer. You can either take some out to thaw in the fridge on Thursday night or you can microwave them to warm them up. But definitely keep the extras in the freezer because they won’t last the entire week safely.
Note that the sides shown in the photo above are not on the shopping list. Use whatever sides you prefer. The blueberries and almonds just happened to be what I had on hand to round out my breakfast.
Here’s your eggs and oats, budget and time-friendly meal prep plan!
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE MEAL PREP RECIPES:
- 5 Overnight Oatmeal Packets You Can Prep In Minutes
- 5 Smoothie Bases You Can Prep In 10 Minutes Or Less!
RECIPES USED HERE:
EGGS AND OATS ONE WEEK MEAL PREP PLAN:
Eggs And Oats Meal Prep Plan – With Shopping List
Eggs and Oats Meal Prep Plan
- Standar muffin tin
- 2 pint-sized canning jars with lids (mugs with plastic wrap work in a pinch)
Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 6 large whole eggs
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (the real stuff)
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tbsp. milk (dairy or unsweetened non-dairy)
Overnight Raisin Oatmeal
- 1 ½ cups old fashion oats
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar (or your favorite clean sweetener)
- 3 cups milk (dairy or unsweetened non-dairy)
- 3 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Crack eggs into a medium mixing bowl and whisk briefly.
- Add in all other ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Pour into an oiled muffin tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the muffins bake, place your jars on your work surface without their lids.
- To each jar, add 1/2 a cup oats and 1 tbsp. coconut sugar.
- To TWO of the jars, add 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy).
- Close lids on ALL jars and store in the fridge. You can add the vanilla and milk to the third jar on Thursday night.
- Just before eating, add raisins if desired.
- When the muffins are finished, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool until you can handle them with bare hands.
- You will have six mini muffins for each meal. Portion the muffins into your meal prep containers along with some cut apples or berries and nuts or nut butter to round out the meal.
- Any remaining muffins should be placed in a freezer-safe container and frozen for up to three months for future breakfasts.
- To thaw, simply place them in the fridge overnight or warm them in the microwave in 20 second intervals.